They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.(Lamentation3:23)
Every day there are something different, something to learn, something just conjures up stirring my deepest thoughts, though the daily routine remains pretty much the same.
The 1st day of the 1st week of my amazing second semester here in the special university that was picked up involuntarily, in the amazing land that could had been only appearing in my dream.
Start using the Blogger while too much thoughts overwhelms me after the 26 days on the road. Too much to put down to reorganize for future reference.
While battling with which blogger to choose, I got to know that there only exist two kinds of people in the world---Chinese and non-Chinese, when I found Google Blogger, which contains all my study material in class and my future flow of thoughts to come, was also blocked within mainland, aligned with facebook the global contact booklist. No more positive comments on that. Only the great wall breaker makes me feel some better.
While disussing the Mona Lisa "worshippers" in my Art Value class, I got to know that just looking at the object is that impossible while "just" is not that simple. The artistic professor raised the example of the objects and its environment and how it's appreciated. "Looking is something I do, but also something that happens to me. "Because the object itself cannot be objective.
For one quarter of the class, question was being argued: the statue and the photograph of the statue, which is more of the works of art or which is the real art. My mind started to wander then, thinking about Matthew the Australian I met and the last night before he left Orlando----the wonder land rated by him the beautiful, amazing places that made his dream come true. It was just so amazing that night though I was not in a good physical condition. Laid in front of us was the town fiiled with fairy tales and artificial fancy buildings and the water lit up bright by streetlights. He cried at the sight of it and the story about a girl answered why he was overexcited to find me as a company and why he marveled at almost everything and took pictures of every rides we went to in the Disney World. Those questions have been laid down in my mind in New York where we encountered each other "magically"(as he believe in) in the hundred-year old metro station. Wanderer and crazy woman---that's how he, the rich and over-confident boy(who has just passed 21), decribed me. Over the 5 days in New York and 1 afternoon in Ocala where he picked me up in the warmer state and 2 days down in Orlando, I've got some knowledge of him and tried hard to talk him into attending church service as well, but he just plainly explained his cringing over the belief. Anyway, I've no worries as he always said. God gave me the knowledge and vision, as I can see.
At last, he took pictures of the beautiful night scene in Orlando and later proudly told me he's taken this as his compter wallpaper. I don't know how much he's caught in his camera, but I believe a lot in his mind---maybe everything of the past, maybe something of the future.
"The images can never represent personal experience. There are always something that you miss, not only the space the art works is placed..." The class went on with discussion of the nature of seeing. I caught that fortunately. Yes, there is always something that I "miss", not only the objects, the people, but also the space I was placed in....
Several hours later after the class, or six days later after coming back from the trip, while resting my body on the sofa of the Williams Library with new books on my lap, I was more than surprised to find myself reconsiled to the present placidity and even more amazed to find myself rather comfortable with it. The characteristics of my trip, despite its unstability, enabled me access to plenty of new things as well as the outreach of global friends. Gaining more independence and knowledge about both myself and the outsider, I thought myself went even wilder than I should have imagined. However, what amazes me is that it took me much less time than I've expected to give in to the involuntary peace reckoned by many others. Thanks to all the books and the managable time, what I gained and experienced is not a little less than that during the trip, because I still have the world and Words in mind.

没有评论:
发表评论